Submitted by Elizabeth Carr
The United States Equine Federation, is the governing agency for the United States Dressage Federation, and many other breed and competitive associations. Starting January 1, 2019, if you are a USEF competing member 18 years of age or older you are required to compete the core Safe Sport Training within 30 days of activating your membership. If you do not complete the training, you are ineligible to participate in ALL USEF activities including competitions. So for example, if you want to show in the March Magic USDF Recognized show in Williamston this spring, you need to take this course. The course is a series of videos and quizzes that take about two hours to complete. After completion you will receive a certificate you can keep for your records, and then your information will be sent to the organization you will to participate in, for for me I marked USDF, if participate in other organizations, you may have your certificate sent to those as well. Below is some information about Safe Sport and the partnership I pulled from the USEF website.
To access the required Safe Sport training, see below.
- go to www.usef.org
- click the log in button at the upper right hand corner.
- Then click on “my USEF” in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Click on the Safe Sport training icon in your member dashboard, this will take you to the Safe Sport website.
- Click Register to create a new account.
- Fill out the required fields and click next.
- On the second “Register” page
- You do not need a photo
- Select “primary position” with USEF , select “athlete”
- You Must add your membership with USEF to show up in the system as Safe Sport trained
- Click on the email you registered your account with to verify your account
- Enter your email and password and login to complete all THREE training modules; Sexual Misconduct Awareness, Mandatory Reporting and Emotional and Physical Misconduct.
- Print your Safe Sport Trained Certificate for your records.
If you have questions, you can reach a Customer Care agent with USEF at 859-258-2472