Greetings All! I hope everyone has been able to stay warm and dry and has continued to ride as well. We have a lot of fun things planned for this year, as usual. We have been collaborating with like-minded horse peeps from different clubs to bring opportunity and variety to our calendar!
- We have been working with Cassidy Sitton with Sporting Services, and now her March Magic Nationally recognized Dressage Show in Williamston will also be recognized by EDCTSA for our members to earn end of year points there!
- We have been working with Shannon Gibbs from Four Beats For Pleasure – a gaited club – and now our May show will be recognized by the NWHA so that NWHA members who show with us will be earning points towards their end of year awards! She is also putting on a Walking Horse show in Williamston in March and on Sunday there will be Dressage competition.
- We have been working with Linda Hoover from the Western Dressage Association of NC – a subsidiary of the Western Dressage Assoc. of America. Dressage at the Preserve is holding a Fix-a-Test series featuring Robin Nunnally who is qualified to judge both western and gaited riders. The second event of the series has been postponed from 2/23 to 3/9/19. Linda Hoover is planning a Western Fix-a-Test in Southern Pines in March as well. Stay tuned for more information.
- We are working with Fallon Blackburn of Blackburn Dressage who has returned from Okinawa and relocated to the Virginia Beach area. She will be hosting a benefit clinic for the club in April.
- We are working with David Knight to bring back the faculty from NC State School of Veterinary Medicine for another educational dinner event.
- And finally, we are planning 4 shows this year, two trail rides, and to round it all out we are again getting together a road trip to the Tryon International Equestrian Center to attend an internationally recognized Dressage show in September.
If this doesn’t give you enough reasons to get involved – you’re just a tough nut to crack! But, seriously, if you have any ideas or suggestions give us a call or come on out!